Rules for Mini Float Competition – 2/3 dimensional model
- There are 3 categories for entry;
- Under 18
- Over 18
- Family Entry
- Entries should be 3 dimensional and be big enough to show the relevant details but no bigger than 90 cm long, 60 cm wide and 75cm tall.
- Entries can be made using recycled items or other items such as:
- Paper Flowers, Mosses, Grasses, dried flowers, fruit seeds, leaves, crushed nuts, shells, crushed seashells, seaweed, corn, tea, sugar, hemp, raffia, oats, sand.
- All areas of the mini float model should be covered
- Entries can be enhanced with the use of lights or moving parts.
- A brief description should be attached to each entry form.
- The overall winner, will have their creation built in a larger version and this will be displayed in a “static style” at the Jersey Battle of Flowers Parade 2021.
- The winners for each category will be given tickets for one of the parades in 2021.
- 2 tickets for U18, 2 tickets for Over 18 and 4 tickets for the family winning entry.
- Depending on the number of entries received, these may be displayed in/at a public Island venue.
Entry Form will need to be submitted by: 20th July 2020
Mini Floats to be delivered to The Jersey Battle of Flowers Headquarters, Meadowbank, St Lawrence by 31st August for judging.
BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN!
Mini Float Competition