Jersey Battle of Flowers 2016/2017 Terms and Conditions
This ticket is issued for the Battle of Flowers Parade (“the Parade”) by the Organiser, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. All conditions set out herein are to be read together with all other statements and or directives either shown on the ticket, displayed on the Organiser’s website (www.battleofflowers.com) and or otherwise communicated to the bearer by the Organiser.
2. The purchase of a ticket to the Parade shall constitute acceptance by the Bearer of these terms and conditions and imply an undertaking on the part of the Bearer to observe them and any other notice or regulation issued by the Organiser and displayed at the Parade Site.
3. The Organiser reserves the right to implement any restrictions/conditions deemed necessary before and during the event to ensure the safe management of the Parade Site and to search all persons and personal property upon entry to and while at the Parade Site. Glass items, alcohol, candles, knives, animals, fireworks, smoke canisters, poles or banners and any other items which in the absolute discretion of the Organiser are considered to be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running of the Parade are prohibited.
4. The Bearer must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements, regulations and/ or directions of the Organiser whilst attending the Parade.
5. Items prohibited by these terms and conditions shall not be brought to the Parade Site. Any permitted items used contrary to these terms and conditions and any prohibited items shall be confiscated without any liability on the Organiser to safeguard or return such items.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission to the Parade Site or eject any person from the Parade Site if, in the absolute discretion of the Organiser, the bearer may be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running of the Parade, for example if the Bearer refuses to be searched upon entering the Parade Site or whilst at the Parade Site, appears to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or is acting aggressively or in possession of any item prohibited by these terms and conditions or undertaking any act prohibited by these terms and conditions or fails to comply with any lawful instruction issued by or on behalf of the Organiser.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to alter or change the Parade programme, without prior notification. Refunds will not be issued should the programme be altered.
8. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase and the Organiser is in no way responsible for any tickets, which are lost or stolen. If the Parade is cancelled, the Organiser shall not be liable for any costs or expenses wasted or incurred by the Bearer including, but not limited to, accommodation or transport costs, or any direct or indirect losses or damage of whatever kind.
9. It is the responsibility of the Bearer to ascertain whether the Parade has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If the Parade is cancelled or rescheduled, the Organiser will use reasonable endeavours to notify the Bearer of the cancellation but the Organiser is in no way liable for any loss suffered as a result of the Organiser’s failure to do so.
10. The ticket entitles the Bearer to access the Parade and, if applicable, to the seat stated thereon. Entry gates are stated on the back of the Ticket. It is the responsibility of the Bearer to ensure that they are seated prior to the commencement of the Parade. Every effort will be made to admit latecomers at suitable breaks in the Parade, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
11. The Bearer gives their irrevocable and free of charge express consent to the use of their actual or simulated voice or likeness in connection with the advertising, promotion or commercial exploitation of the Parade or any past or future festival by the Organiser or any licensee of the Organiser in any media for any period throughout the world.
12. Children must at all times be accompanied by a responsible parent/adult guardian. Any parent bringing a child to the Parade is responsible entirely for the safety and welfare of that child.
13. Any breach of these terms and conditions will render the Ticket automatically void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Ticket shall be withdrawn without any refund. For the avoidance of doubt, this will include refusal of entry to the Parade Site or ejection from the Parade Site, as applicable.
14. Admission to the Parade Site is at the Bearer’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property in or around the Parade Site during, before or after the Parade.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in accordance with any new laws, legislation or internal policies.
16. Definitions: In these terms and conditions, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
i. “Bearer” means the holder of a Ticket;
ii. “Child” means a child of 12 and under;
iii. “Organiser” means Battle of Flowers Events Limited and, where the context requires, those acting on its behalf such as stewards and security guards;
iv. “Parade Site” means the site of the Parade;
v. “Parent” means a parent or person acting in loco parentis;
vi. “Ticket” means a Ticket issued for the Parade.